Each year at this time I observed this optical phenomenon in my Mediterranean sunsets missed, leaving a huge moon in the east which arise if the sea is an enchanting sight especially if you are lucky you can view it on a calm sea anticyclonic , which normally occur at this time.
I've always wondered why is this big. Since then the explanation is that the moon is significantly closer to the land or has swollen from a glut of beans. I rather thought it had something to do with the refraction of light passing through the Earth's atmosphere found in the case of the moon on the horizon is wider.
But is that even the scientific community has found a definitive explanation regarding the phenomenon as I read today in an article by NASA in which among other things I have found that this optical illusion that captures the human eye is not captured, however, by a photographic camera, as seen in this picture when the moon is always the same size:
also explain that the moon illusion itself is captured by the human eye from airplanes at high altitudes. In short, it's all a mystery.
Who would want to know more about the possible explanations I recommend you read the article in question at NASA http://ciencia.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/27jun_moonillusion.htm?list1014741
But above all do not forget to watch the horizon to the east at the time of moonrise. I'll do if I leave stubborn Belgian clouds ... Http://nomesientolaspiernas.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
0 comments:
Post a Comment