Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lynsey Dawn Planetsuzy

The hedgehog's dilemma

This morning we have dawned a new inhabitant in the garden. At first I thought it was a ball of dry grass and roots, but seeing the dance of our two dogs around me has confirmed what was in the garden was a hedgehog. I approached him with the children and their immobility would have us believe he was dead, so that upon returning from leave in school I started thinking how to get rid of the body, if buried in the garden and the dogs smell it unearthed, if I throw it away, it's Wednesday and in the town of Belgium is collected only once a week, on Tuesdays, so it ... will be no ...
cavilo
While all this I see that one of the dogs managed to catch the animal has - Why a skewer? and takes the muzzle hanging, God, how is going to eat? but he falls down and lets it be.

Well, I can not spend all morning with my National Geographic particular, I forget the issue and dedicate myself to my stuff. After a good three hours, it occurs to me to look over the hedgehog and there is, made a ball on the spot, but ... what do I see? Do you move? Yeah, slowly raises its Hociquito and, glancing at the four-legged fanatics are a couple of meters sneaks into plants. And I wanted to bury!. But the dogs, especially the "farmer", who have hunting instinct, they realize quickly and begin to harass again. Curiously, the "golden" gesture tells the other that goes beyond the hedgehog is yours ... Wow! more National Geographic.

After the kids have returned home from school: one has told me to mount guard in the garden so the dogs do not harm the hedgehog, the other tells me that if we do a little house and we put in the house - yuck! eat insects, who gives them, eh? -, the little guy does not come close because she is afraid, and I had thought carefully let the other side of the fence, or on the street, but I dare not, I read on a website that their main predators are wolves, foxes and large dogs!, but also often die hit, to recognize the danger because the only thing they do is take ball and stay still, terrible when the danger in question is something on wheels, less fatal when a couple of animals that are not pierced by the work of the snout.

question, which are one more time. At least this is what the children have begun to tell their little neighbors: We have another pet!


The bug in question looks just exactly like the photo.






0 comments:

Post a Comment